Monday, August 12, 2013

Backlog Blog Lag


Hi, everyone! I give this greeting in the remote hope that I am not just talking to myself.

As you can tell, I went on a summer hiatus. I took a truckload of classes and have been working my tush off, but we all are, right?  GET OFF MY BACK, THESE ARE VALID EXCUSES!
Ahem...anyway, I really want to get back on the blog train. We just hosted a pretty cool party I'd love to tell you about, I am refurbishing an adorable table I found in the dumpster (grad student win), and we're gearing up to really kick our half marathon training up a notch. The students returned which means I left town as quickly as possible. Really my grandfather turned 80 so I went home to celebrate that.

I always have mixed feelings about school starting back. I am looking forward to getting back into my own routine, but I also kind of love it during the summer when only the full-time residents are around. For those who ever lived on campus over the summer or in a "college town," you understand that unspoken inner head-nod everyone seems to share once the students have cleared. However, autumn is my favorite season. I'm looking forward to football games, that certain smell around October when the wind starts getting cooler (it's Mississippi; I take what I can get), and all the best holidays. This is the most disjointed post but I have great plans for perfectly relevant and sensible posts for the future, I promise!

Until then, be kind to each creature!

No comments:

Post a Comment